About the Event
The Explorers’ Party is the annual family benefit of the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS), where we welcome you to the Central Park Zoo to celebrate WCS’s mission to save wildlife and wild places. This one-of-a-kind event inspires children (ages 2-12) to discover their inner explorer and learn about the planet’s most spectacular wildlife. Your support of the Explorers’ Party will help WCS protect vulnerable wildlife in the last wild places on earth.
The Explorers’ Party is held rain or shine. In the event of rain, all seating, food, and activities will be placed under cover. Don’t let a little rain keep you away from a fun evening at the Zoo!
- Enjoy exclusive access to the Central Park Zoo’s animal exhibits
- Engage in educational crafts and activities
- Watch a Wildlife Theater performance
- Dig into a family friendly buffet dinner
Wild about Sea life!
Our oceans are home to a dazzling array of life—from colorful corals to enormous whales—and they provide critical resources to hundreds of millions of people worldwide. But sea life faces major threats, including overfishing, pollution, and climate change.
WCS is dramatically increasing ocean protections across the globe. Since 2016, we have helped create over 60 Marine Protected Areas around the world, which safeguard whales, dolphins, sea turtles, fish, sharks, corals, and more. Our experts are also leading efforts here in New York, working to get the Hudson Canyon—the largest submarine canyon along the US Atlantic coast—designated as a National Marine Sanctuary.
Did you know?
- Thresher sharks use their tails as whips to stun their prey, earning them the nickname “Indiana Jones” sharks.
- Blue whales are the largest known animal to ever exist on the planet—even larger than dinosaurs.
- Lobsters can live to be over 100 years old.
- Octopuses have nine brains.
- More than half of the world’s oxygen comes from plants that live in the ocean.
- A group of resting sea otters is called a raft.